Saturday, January 9, 2010

Get ready for the New Year

I'm excited to kick off the New Year by starting a weekly preparedness item.  Since everyone goes to the grocery store at least once a week, the idea is to buy a few items to slowly build our three-month supply.

Now remember, it's important to take baby steps.  We don't want to burn out and get discouraged.  The important thing here is starting and moving forward.


We are not going to worry so much about prices.  I don't want you to go all over town trying to save yourself a few cents.  It's more important to get your items bought than to get the world's cheapest price.  Buy what you can afford.  If it's just an extra week's worth of food, that's better than nothing.  If you can afford to get three month's worth of each item, that's wonderful!  I'll give you an idea of quantities, but you know your family's tastes better than I do.  


I'll have each week's food storage item listed up at the top right column.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! You coming in on Sunday and being right in front of my face is what I need to GET THIS DONE. I just went down today to get our stew/soup so we are on our way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for putting this together. I'm heading to the store later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennie for your FUN blog. I think this will be a GREAT asset to our preparedness in our ward. xox
    Robin

    ReplyDelete